Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. The following will outline how Premier Trust will collect and use your data.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law
- We will only keep your data for an appropriate time, which will depend on the reason for which it was collected
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned
- We will collect and use personal information to recommend our range of Products and Services to you, based on your needs, which are ascertained through email communications and forms
We will make readily available to customers, information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Personal Data – In the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Personal Data is defined as “…any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.”
Website(s) – Is any website(s) we own and operate (such as www.premiertrustglobal.com) or any web pages, interactive features, applications, social networks, social network “tabs,” or other online or mobile offerings that post a link to this Policy.
You and your – Depending on the context, this can be either a website visitor, producer, or policyholder.
Why do we need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to do any of the above, we must collect and store your data firstly for correspondence purposes. We will ensure that the information collected will only be used for its intended purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Premier Trust may wish to contact you for marketing purposes, however we would contact you for additional consent for that purpose if not already given.
Will we share your personal data with anyone else?
We may need to pass your details onto third parties who are either contracted to, or part of Premier Trust. Any third parties who we do pass your details onto are obliged to store your details securely and only process them if responding to a request for action or information on our behalf. When the time comes that they no longer require your personal data, they will dispose of this accordingly and in line with our company policy. If we wish to pass your personal data to a third party, we will only do so with your explicit consent, unless we are legally obliged to do so otherwise.
How will we use the personal data we collect about you?
Processing data constitutes as collecting, storing and using. We will process this data in accordance with the GDPR. We will do our utmost to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it longer than is necessary. Premier Trust may issue occasional reminders to all customers to keep their contact details up to date and will update them accordingly.
Please be advised that there is information that we are required to keep in accordance with local and international law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes. Personal data may be held for longer than these periods, however this will depend on the individual needs of the company.
Under what circumstances will we contact you?
We will only ever contact you when necessary, or when you have requested that we do so. We do not mean at any point to be intrusive or ask for unnecessary information. We will do our best to ensure that the information we hold is as secure as possible to minimize the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure.
Can you find out about the personal data that we hold about you?
If you want to see what personal data we hold on you and how it is processed, you may contact us to request this. This is known as a Data Subject Access Request (SAR) and you must request this in writing (either by post or email), providing the necessary identification before any information is released. If Premier Trust does store any of your personal data, you may request information on the following:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organization that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the GDPR owner, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organization, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will you need to provide in order to access this?
Premier Trust will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driver’s License
- Notarized ID document
How does Premier Trust address information security?
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide us on this website. However, you should understand that no safeguards guarantee 100% security.
To make this site simpler, small data files are placed on your computer. These are known as cookies. Most big websites do this too.
They improve things by:
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page;
- remembering information you’ve given (e.g. your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it;
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs.
Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish.
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies for all sites.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org.
i) First Party Cookies
These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
There are also cookies that store basic data on your interactions with this website.
ii) Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by Twitter, Facebook and Google+. If you want to prevent sites setting third party cookies, instructions to do are here.
iii) Log Files
Log files allow us to record visitors’ use of the site. These logs are automatically generated from all our visitors, which we use to make improvements to the layout of the site and to the information in it, based on the way that visitors move around it. Log files do not contain any personal information about you.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to our partners, as well as other external sites. You should note, that if you click through to any of these external sites, we do not have control over that site. We cannot be responsible for the protection of any information that you provide to these other websites as they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always exercise caution and look at the privacy statement of whichever website it is that you are visiting.
Contact details of the GDPR Owner
If you wish to submit a SAR, or have any questions regarding this privacy statement, you must do so in writing using a SAR form which our Data Protection Officer will provide on request. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at:
Este sitio web está diseñado para proporcionar información general, y no específica, sobre los planes de seguro vinculados a unidades de Premier Trust. El material proporcionado en este sitio web tiene fines informativos únicamente y está sujeto a cambio sin previo aviso. La información contenida en este sitio web no es una oferta para vender ni la solicitud de una oferta para ninguna persona en ninguna jurisdicción donde la oferta no esté autorizada. Ninguna parte de este sitio web está dirigida a personas que residen en jurisdicciones que prohíben a Premier Trust, por ley, norma o regulación, poner la información en este sitio web a disposición de sus residentes o que pudieran someter a Premier Trust o a cualquiera de sus productos, servicios o afiliados a cualquier requisito de autorización, registro, licencia o notificación dentro de cualquier jurisdicción. Este material ha sido preparado con fines informativos únicamente y no pretende proporcionar, ni se debe utilizar como, asesoría fiscal, legal ni contable. Debe consultar a sus propios asesores fiscales, legales y contables antes de realizar cualquier tipo de transacción.